View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #1
Captain Chirri
Shuttle Pilot

Default Warrior's Battle Jacket

Does anyone remember the adverts that were on the backs of the big black and white comic magazines like EERIE, CONAN, CREEPY, VAMPIRELLA, etc.?

I did and rather than look through my stash of back issues, which would take weeks, if not months, I got a back issue of EERIE magazine with the advert on it.

I don't know my new printer all that well, so I can't use the scan function yet, but I'll describe what the blurb says on the back.

WARRIOR'S BATTLE JACKET: Super deluxe space jacket of some of your favorite T.V characters in a ruggedly constructed light olive brown denim. Its unique styling and its 100% cotton denm durability make this the perfect family jacket for anywhere wear. Whether it's from the baseball game to the disco, or from the backyard to your own space fantasy, this jacet will get you there warmly and in style! Machine washable and dryable, comes with special patch, emblem, 2 insignia pins, care and handling information and four unique clasps (3 on sizes 4-6X) to complement that unique look of your favorite television heroes!

The prices were ranged from $24.95 for childrens sizes 4,5,6 and 6X up to $39.95 for a Men's extra large.

The manufacturer was called Captain Company, and the issue even has the order form in the back, as well as kits advertized for the Battlestar Galactica a Cylon Raider and a Colonial Viper. And talk about CHEAP! The Viper was only $4.50 and the BG was marked at $7.95!

Of course, these prices are what was indicative of the late 1970's, early
1980's.

As a teenager, I dreamed of having one of these jackets for my own, but seeing as how I was of a large frame back then, at least in height, I would have had to get a Woman's large or a man's medium in order for it to fit.

It's too bad that this company is no longer in business of making the jacket, or any of the other stuff.

Anyone else?
Captain Chirri is offline   Reply With Quote