Old February 19th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #25
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
I would like to point out Glen also has the rights to the Pegasus. If he and Tom were to bring the Pegasus and Galactica together in a continuation movie, Wtih Tom's story telling ability, they could blow the socks off any other SciFi movie or production currently out there.
Ah, you are a wise one. Glen has wanted to branch off into the Pegasus storyline for years but this is where the trouble is. No one will touch this. DeSanto want's nothing to do with this storyline. The show is Battlestar Galactica and to produce a Pegasus storyline is not in the cards. Glen's stubborn on this one and won't let it go. It's my opinion this is one of the MAJOR reasons a continuation with Glen has been on hold for these many years. He's possessed by the storyline, it's a great one but Battlestar Galactica is it's name.

In order for the Pegasus storyline to work you would have to include the Galactica. In all this time the Galactica would be there in name only. Combining some of the old cast would be very difficult in this way. You could but your opening up a rather difficult storyline. If Glen is set on the Pegasus storyline then my choice would be to have Battlestar Galactica way in the future. Move it forward like DeSanto did even if you did not include any of the original cast. Pegasus most definatly could be there eventually but Galactica must come first.

Oh, and a little birdie told me that MGM, IF THERE THE STUDIO, has already expressed they won't do a Pegasus storyline.