View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2004, 10:36 AM   #48
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut
Recall that the course for Earth, spilled at dinner by Apollo, Starbuck, and Sheba, comes at the end of the ep. Doubtless, Adama had the fleet change course at once. By the time Lucifer makes it to where Baltar's fighter disappeared off his scanners en route to the rendezvous, the Galactica will have come about to the new course. This could explain Adama's statements in HOG that "I thought we'd lost them for good", and that the Cylons have their BaseShips "spread out through all the star systems in order to find us". The change of course alone could explain the Cylon absence for a while.
Interesting explanation, but I still think there's too much of a time lag to allow for that. It works best though if we just accept WOTG for what it shows us.

My own rewrite of the episode would have had Lucifer mounting an attack and then Iblis makes a dramatic display of force that hurls them across the stars (something he can do since he after all is the one who created the Cylons in the first place!) and thus causes the Cylons to lose track of the Fleet and give Iblis a much greater chance at establishing himself with the people as a would-be savior.
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote