View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:09 PM   #7
SpyOne
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
D. When the Cylon attack force closes in, Iblis, in a moment of seclusion, uses his power of dominion over the Cylons (because they are, as we learn ultimately from his conversation with Baltar, his own creation) to in effect have the baseship and the attack force hurled across the stars, rendering the danger of Cylon pursuit now eliminated from the Fleet's standpoint. *This* dramatic demonstration of strength on his part against the Cylons is what causes the Fleet to go into a celebratory stupor that we see in Part 2, not the mere capture of Baltar.
I don't really like this part, and my reason is I do not like Iblis making an overt display of power (until the very end).
For most of the story, Iblis may not be actually doing anything. Sure, he "delivers Baltar", but we don't see him do anything to make that happen. Maybe it's coincidence, maybe he somehow knew Baltar was coming, maybe he's just a good guesser.
Until he moves against Apollo, I don't think there should be any concrete evidence, not for the audience and certainly not for the Galacticans, that Iblis is anything more/other than human.

IMO, YMMV.
SpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote