View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:31 PM   #23
Jubal
Warrior

Default Re: G80-05: Space Croppers

Ok, have to admit, have not done this since I wrote this. I think I was thinking of the episode where they were singing around the campfire. Anyway, might give this a try soon.

Have to say I really liked this episode. This might sound a bit crazy but I think the show was starting to find it's own steam. They had to re-invent, the actors needed to find their role.

No it was not Apollo and Starbuck but as someone said it was still better than some shows that came along at the time.

Some things that I liked by this point...

1) The need to get more colonists to Earth for integration was starting to happen.
2) The saucer ship was... interesting. Where on Earth did they get that design? Well the inside of the ship was almost TRON looking. Fairly wild looking.
3) The enhanced strength of the colonial people was interesting. At first I thought they were only saying the kids had the added strength, but this episode they show Troy being able to handle two bags of seed with no problem.
4) Yes Troy and Dylan being able to jump 50 feet in the air was interesting, maybe even silly, but after all these years since of watching shows with people with quirks and powers (Charmed, Smallville, etc) it just made for a interesting show of people with quirks trying to understand regular life.
5) This one they introduced new flight helmets? And I thought it was funny how the repair crew person mentioned that Dylan and all had removed the limiters on the Vipers. It gave it that roguish moment that person Troy (Boxey) had learned a thing or two from his dad (Apollo) and Starbuck.

All and all, Troy and Dylan were enjoyable characters. Once I got past missing Hatch and Benedict and started liking McChord and Vandyke I liked the show for it's own quirky own ways. Honestly I wish Troy and Dylan had gotten a full season.

Even Z was getting toned down a bit. He was all knowning, a bit of a snot, but then they have the Starbuck episode where he is less glow, and more of a person trying to find his own identity.

The fact that Z was a light being being raised on Galactica was indeed interesting. (The mother was from another dimension, but I'm having doubts that the father was also of the same light race. Honestly, why would the light race not try to bring one of their own back?)

Boomer heading up the colonists on going to Earth was a nice touch. Boomer was the most sensible of the trio (Apollo, Starbuck, and him), so advancing in responsibility was the logical way for him to go.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote