View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #19
Ramses
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Another sugesstion for Modelers

thanks... Sorry ive been really busy lately. still messing around with the design when I get the chance. My texturing disability is slowly getting better. LOL

I think my problem was trying to stick as close as I could with the toys design. so Ive been messing around with ideas on how to change it around and still keep the basic looks.

originally I had designed it along the lines of System defense ship. using that idea I figured it wouldnt be configured to hold large amounts of cargo since it could be resupplied directly from the planet(s) it was helping defend. I couldnt see a design like that as an orbital defense station.

as an orbital defense station it could be half the size of the Galactica and hold two times the fighters.

lately though LOL. Ive been toying with the idea thats its more like a light carrier with limited FTL range to support fleet actions in the colonies. the whole cheap to build high firepower support keep out of range of the enemy kind of carrier. the colonies could build ten or twelve of them for the cost of one Galactica.

Limerickcot Love the designs of the ones you did. pretty good work.
Ramses is offline   Reply With Quote