View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:56 AM   #5
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: Colonial Fleets Battlestar Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher454 View Post
I think there would be a central fire control center in a deep protected part of the ship (where the bridge really should be, but its cool with a physical window).
There would also need to be localized manual fire control stations for each gun in case the signaling is lost. Along with the auxiliary manual fire control there should be emergency energizers (generators) for each turret, just in case.
The reason for a centralized fire control center is to simplify co-ordination of the laser batteries. A centralized location also means the shortest average travel distance for these critical personnel to travel to their combat station.

The pilots I believe would be billeted in a central area of the ship where most crew members should have their quarters. The landing bay pods are work areas and also prime targets for attacks, people should not bunk there. we know they have rapid transit tunnels for the pilots to reach the launch bays.

Thats how I see it at least.
all good points esp on the laser batteries and auxiliary manual fire control.

I kind of see a ready room / bunk room where pilots on stand by spend their time... and would be in numerous locations.
barracks if you will.

the main ones could be in the main structure as you mention but I would have 1 in each Pod or Bay ..... Bunk rooms.

this is how I always imagined it.

But that's what this project is for to see if we can work out
something.

I will start work on the internal layout soon .... I need to finish one modelling project for 3dg soon,

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote