View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2003, 09:30 AM   #9
BSGDAN
Shuttle Pilot

Default I find it hard to belive that Milton...

...was just such a huge fan of Ron Moore's that he did all of this because he wanted to defend Moore's rights as a writer. This is just too odd. I have to wonder just what Milton is getting in return for his past and continued "services" to the remake staff. It's clear that Milton and his followers are NOT fans of GALACTICA, and they never will be. Instead, most seem to be bored TREKKIES latching on to one of thier more popular writers. I wonder if they bothered to fight this hard for Moore's "rights" when WB cancelled the "Dragonriders..." project. Probably not. Still, they view the original GALACTICA as a relic of the past that has no relevance today (which is very ironic to me, seeing as how Ron Moore is the writer of the ST:TNG episode "Relics"). The followers ("Neos") are too easy to figure out (and BTW, there are way too many of them running things on THIS board), but Milton is somewhat a mystery. I wonder just what made him get into this whole thing. My personal feeling is that Milton is just a wannabe. Sure, he works with the DNC (he makes me embarassed to be a Democrat), but he really wants to work in Hollywood. He likes TREK, which is how he became a vocal Moore supporter. His original attacks as MOORE_MAN were appreciated by Moore himself, and I do believe that he received those "goodies" as a personal thank-you for the support. When the abrasive M_M attacks were working against the production, Moore asked him to change tactics in favor of a more "open" approach. When many misguided "Retros" began to embrace Milton (and you all know who you are) for the sake of compromise, he quietly had his followers working to sabotage those efforts. Now, Milton is running his own website, dishing out propoganda for the new production. Stallion uncovered the very real possibility that Milton is actually working "on site" for the new production. Although we probably won't know for sure if that's the truth or not, it would certainly fall within the realm of possibility knowing Moore's history of rewarding his "number one fan". Personally, I think it's time for people to cease giving credibility to this clown. It's too late to hope that he will keep to his own board (he'll continue to gloat, and he will be allowed to as long as remake fans are the moderators of this board). However, we don't have to feed his inflated sense of self-worth. Milton James will forever be MOORE_MAN, and he will always be a troll (no better than Languatron).

Dan
BSGDAN is offline   Reply With Quote