thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Wink OT ART: Ishtar wasn't THAT bad

I was reading over at Cylon about how bad "Ishtar" was. And it reminded me of my "Ishtar." And I would like to share her with you.

May I introduce, Ishtar!

This is a painting I did awhile ago. But this is the first time I am displaying it in public. she's from an anime series I liked called Macross 2.

I hate taking credit for other people's genius, so I have to mention that this isn't an original piece by me. Back before Macross 2 came out, I saw some preliminary artwork.

Here is the sketch
http://www.thomas7g.com/post/HAL-Ishtar.jpg

I liked it so much. Actually ANYTHING about MACROSS makes me drool. And I liked it so much I wanted to have a poster of it. So as a test of my painting skills I did this. (This was my third painting EVER outside of classwork) Its about 2-3 feet tall. I did the drawing from memory. I did peek now and then to get the outfit right. But mostly I drew blind.

I think it didn't suck too bad.

For those who aren't into Macross anime, Ishatar was an alien high priestess from a soceity of undefeated warriors ruled by an oppressive dictator. She sang, and her songs were used to keep her people calm and passive. But when her people came to conquer earth, she was at first kidnapped by us. But then she fell in love with our culture and especially our music. And then she sang to her people inspiring them to revolt and live for themselves.

[MOVER]robotech[/MOVER] Long Live Macross!!!!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote