View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #11
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
The events of LL, and the losses incurred from FIS I think explains why at the beginning of WOTG we only see Baltar's baseship alone and with no reinforcement, and why he hasn't been able to attack since FIS because he no longer has sufficient strength to do so. However, once Baltar gets captured you then have to explain what happens to his baseship, which knows where the Fleet is, and that's why I think WOTG ultimately, no matter which why you rewrite it, needs that stronger Second Act in terms of plausibly explaining why there won't be any more Cylons seen until HOG.
The only possibility may be that Iblis or the Beings of Light were able shield the Fleet from the Cylon scanners. Once the trail 'went cold', the Cylons would have had no choice but, to start from scratch. Also, considering that the Baseship encountered in HOG was not commanded by Lucifer, it would seem that they were either just in the area or part of a more extensive search mission IF Lucifer had advised the Imperious Leader about Baltar's 'deliverance' to the Colonials.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote