View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2006, 04:31 PM   #11
WarriorChemist
Shuttle Pilot

Muffit Hi Gordon

Well, it's all OK... I really wasn't trying to hassle your friend. Was just trying to spread the word about the DeSanto Viper since that one customer who contacted us said he'd been on the wrong forums. I didn't ask him for anything and I didn't know he'd have to wait a long time for the pictures to load. I decided not to respond to him, because I really don't know what to say. I'm kind of stunned.

I don't think anybody doubted that he was a professional as far as model-making goes. There is though a "code of conduct" that is considered acceptable among professionals. Let's say that the best chemist that I work with cursed me out because I borrowed his pen and forgot to give it back. That would be considered unprofessional behavior, but it doesn't mean he's not a good chemist.

I'm on the internet right now researching different molding products. We've been using silicone, but I just ran across a urethane product that is supposed to have a low viscosity and less bubble problems, yet is strong enough to produce hundreds of castings. Do you have any experience with urethane? I was thinking that a lower viscosity product may catch the details better and let the bubbles escape more quickly. The stuff we are using is very, very thick. It is hard to pour it when using small mold boxes.

Thanks for all your advice with the molding problems we've had. The cannons didn't turn out well and we are out of product. It will take a week for it to get here and I am considering something different this time.

Terri