View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #8
Ian_W359
Warrior

Cool "Lock S-foils in attack position...."

Oops..... Sorry, wrong galaxy!

I've played the game for a couple of hours and all I can say is -

WOW!

I'm normally used to the more sedate forms of space combat (Homeworld, Starfleet Command etc. on the PC) and hadn't really experienced this kind of game since one or two titles on the SEGA Megadrive (known in the US as the Genesis).

But even though this title is known for it's difficulty in places, the sheer feeling of speed (love those turbo-thrusters!), and knowing that you're knocking 7 shades of Hades out of the Cylons more than makes up for that.

I haven't been using the missiles much though, I guess I've been going for the 'Jango Fett' approach (using the flak cannon) - but my accuracy isn't the best (early days! I'm sure it will improve in time).

A couple of notes to end on - first : Do you think the 'tutorial' mode is a bit skimpy - I mean describing the controls isn't really the same as a full blown tutorial, ie. a flight school or something like that.....

Also - PS2 users - have you noticed the twee little Viper on the Memory Card browser screen? (the PS2 screen that shows all the saves on your memory card as graphic icons).

That's all for now, I'm gonna go and use some of the hints from Martok and the others, and turn those golmonging tin headed Cylons into scrap metal!

All the best,
Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote