Old October 11th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #19
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default Re: in progress pics from fanfilm

Well... looks like I have the rough cut together and the final runtime (including intro and end credits) is just under 18 minutes. Now comes the time of going through and finishing several shots that need completed (there are shots duplicated in their place right now until they're done) and refining all the other shots, such as backgrounds, adding lasers, explosions... what ever each one needs. And of course the sound effects and music, which is quite a fun part.

Took several more stills to add here of some of the new shots.

Also... Taranis... the asteroid field is a cloned array of a few different asteroid shapes mixed together. Actually found it in some space background templates created by someone else and adapted it for this. For some shots I rendered a full 3d pass so they move past the camera. Others I rendered various stills from different distances, then composited them together in After Effects as needed. This way it lets me create different shots in a relatively short period of time, and part of doing this project is to see what can be done, and with what techniques, to produce something in a relatively short period. The way I have done this so far I do think its possible to produce a few of these animations a year if I had the solid time to dedicate to it. However work, freelance and of course family have the priorities.

Can't say for sure how much longer the rest will take, but its a good bit closer.

And Ernie, I'll of course be sending you a copy for the fanfilms site. Just let me know what format you prefer. I'll also post to youtube, but that will have to be broken into two parts as there is a 10 minute max.

Peace Earthlings!

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battlestar-attacked.jpg (197.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg raider.jpg (141.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg raiders.jpg (187.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg vipers-explosions2.jpg (165.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg vipers-explosions.jpg (179.1 KB, 20 views)
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote