View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2006, 05:00 PM   #10
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

More info on this book.

Quote:
Let me introduce myself. I am Richie Levine, co-author of the book that is being promoted on your board.

Let us clear up a few misconceptions that have arisen:

1) This book is NOT a piece of fiction. It is similar to the Battlestar Galactica Companions.
2) This book has a foreword by Glen Larson and an Introduction by Richard Hatch and was originally published in 2003 as the BSG Unofficial Companion. It remains the only book to have Larson's direct okay.
3) This book is the only authorized book to have pictures and interview with Tom Desanto, who provided them for the fans and exclusively for this book. I also have the only in print pictures permitted by Richard Hatch of his Second Coming Trailer and book releases.
4) The book has 18 chapters, 2 appendix and pictures unavailable anywhere else. It has taken awhile to incorporate the new show and to clear permission from Mr. Moore to use information and interviews as well as from the cast. It includes trivia, season episode guides and above all else information not found elsewhere.

I repeat this book is not a solictiation. It is an actual release that is supported by the originial cast and the new cast as well as Tom Desanto. It was put out in 2003 and pulled down in 2005 to being to incorporate the new series.

I can answer any and all questions for you if you have any. The hardcover edition is limited and for the fans of the series who want a true collectible. Please look on amazon.com if you have any doubt about this book, as it was known as the BSG Unofficial Companion. It is a real book and is a companion book to all versions of the series.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you. I hope this has cleared up some of the confusion. You can always send an email to me at richielevine@jmmediagroup.com if you need to know more specifics about what is happening. I will be on a radio station tomorrow for promotion the book, www.ksav.org at 8pm PST. Call in and let me know you are out there.

As for the series it has 4 incarnations:
The original 1978-1979 season
The Richard Hatch Second Coming Trailer
The Tom Desanto failed 2001-2002 FOX Project
Ronald Moore's Reimagined series.

I do not include BSG 1980 other than Return of Starbuck in the book for obvious reasons.

Somewhere Beyond The Heavens is over 500 pages and a RETROSPECTIVE.

Thanks guys and gals,

Richie F Levine
Jim
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote