View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #50
JSC1
Warrior

Default Re: Back and thinking about project

Another continuation note I want to leave.

I thought of this as I was thinking about the Dynastic rule of Ancient China. I thought this might be a good way to maintain a connection with a distant continuation project and the original Galactica.

Essentially the connection would lie in 'the Dynasy of Uri'. I was listening to a YouTube reviewer saying how he would have loved it if Adama and Uri had a little more political struggle between them. Well I was figuring that after a major Cylon attack Adama would have been killed and Uri would rise to power. He would find a world to settle and Uri would be regarded as a savior to the Colonial people.

Over the years a Dynasty would form where an heir to Uri would take the presidency, even though there is a council in place. And history would be rewritten to where Uri and his family would be regarded as heroes while suporters of Adama would be looked at as old fools. It would be that way until the Cylons return. Then the descendants of the original Colonials, or the family of Adama, would do what they could to save the Colonies and resume the trip to Earth.

Another thought to get down. I hope to look at Welsh mythology more tonight.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote