View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #31
JSC1
Warrior

Default Re: Back and thinking about project

Okay, I figured I'd get down some of what caught my attention, and get the rest down later. I'm pulled in a lot of directions right now. But I'll plow ahead, even if it's in drips and drabs.

Nahuatl-Related language and dialects. Of Nahua people. Means 'a good clear sound'. (could probably work with Nahua)
Nochtli-Fruits of a Nopal cactus.
Toltec-Originators of all culture. (Something to look into when I get to Toltec mythology. Or if someone else does first. Volunteers anyone?)
Tollan, Tolan-Toltec capital of Tula (I guess we now know where Larson got the name Tolan from in 'Living Legend)
Tula-central eastern Mexican town.(Maybe Tula can be of use)
Chalula-Town and Largest manmade pyramid in the world.

Five suns-Creation myth (Could be used to create new religion. Probably not everyone subscribes to the Book of the Word as Adama did.)
Nanahuatl-Full of sores(Smallest and humblest of gods transformed into the sun
Mictlan-Lowest (ninth) level of the underworld
-Warriors who died in battle
-people who died when hit by lightning
-women who died in childbirth
(You know. With this reference to nine I'm thinkingperhaps the new planet the expedition finds becomes part ofa system of nine. Although it would not have Earth in it.)
Xolotl-Associated with lightning and death
-aided in journey to after life
(Colonial name could be Xol)
Atlacoya-Goddess of drought (Colonial name-Lacoya or Coya)
Atlatonan-Goddess of the coast (Colonial name-Latonan or Tonan)
Ayouhteotl-Goddess of mist, fog, vanity and fame (Figured I could get a Youh Nebula out of this or something. Or maybe it could be called a 'Youh' as a navigation hazzard)
Comaxtli-God of hunting, war, fate and fire(Colonial name-Comax)
Centeotl[Cinteotl]-Lord of days (Colonial name-Cente or Cinte)
Toci-Goddess of Earth (Probably a good name for a lunar sattelite)
-Alternative I.D.:Tlazolteotl[try saying that three times fast:On second thought don't bother.]-Goddess of purification, steambaths, midwives, filth and patroness of adulterers. (Toci could be a better used named.)

More to come later. But now you can see why I decided to just leave the wiki page. So many names. So many gods.

And perhaps so much potential. Maybe others can see some possibilities here that I'm missing.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote