View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #22
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: 2 0 1 2

Well -

I finally made the time to attend another screening of 2012 - I must say that since it's been awhile, I forgot what a rollercoaster ride this movie was. I think that I enjoyed it even more the second time. I just can't get over how eye popping the VFX are in this film. Just the scope, size and complexity of the CGI, not to mention live action effects are just hard to wrap my brain around. Then again, when very nearly destroying every land mass on the planet, I wouldn't expect anything less.

The one aspect of the film that always grabs me and almost has me misty eyed is the "people" aspect of the story. There's a wonderful theme running through parts of the film of whether people would "do the right thing" in terms of catastrophe. The lead characters and their family face some pretty perilous issues during the course of the film and it gets to me every time. Heck, I might even go back and see it another time - at 3.75 for a ticket, it's a small price for big entertainment.

I'm really looking forward to this film making its way to DVD (March 6th if I remember correctly). I plan on making this a permanent choice for my DVD collection.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote