Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

Thumbs up NEWS: Colonial Newsletter - 10/01/2004

(Continued)

= = = =

New Home for BattlestarCallisto.net

October 01, 2004 by Webmaster

The Battlestar Callisto has a brand-new home. Major Brie of Gold Squadron reports: "Welcome to the new home of the Battlestar Callisto RPG! If you haven't done so already, please take a moment and visit our website at BattlestarCallisto.net. Started back in 1998 as Gold Squadron, we were originally an offshoot of the now-defunct International Battlestar Galactica Fan Club. We grew quickly and became the Battlestar Callisto. Black Squadron was added six months later. In 2001 we switched our main function from the revival to RPG, and we've been doing this ever since. We'd love for you to become a member. Thanks to LucianG for moving the current storyline here. If you'd like to see what was happening earlier take a peek at the SciFi.com BBoard. To officially join the Callisto contact BattlestarCallisto@hotmail.com. I'd also like to welcome all the current Callisto members to our new home. With SciFi.com shutting down our old board without warning, I'm sure some people have slipped through the cracks. If you know of anyone who hasn't yet registered please let them know where they can find us. If you register and you are not sent a temporary password please notify the administrator immediately. Special thanks to Captain Hawke for setting this up for us, although it's not going to get Hawke out of trouble! Let's continue to make the Battlestar Callisto the pride of the Colonial Fleet!" For the complete announcement from Major Brie and to visit the new Battlestar Callisto message board, be sure to visit the following link.

http://bscallisto.proboards20.com

= = = =

Cylon Attack CGI Movie Extended

New report from Battlestar Galactica 3D animator David Moss: "I just thought you would like to know that I now have an extended version of my Cylon Attack CGI Movie available for download. Just go to the Movie section. The link is near the top. I have added over forty seconds of new scenes to the movie that I previously didn't have time to finish. Thanks to zoo at Sci-fi3D for hosting this file for me." David Moss is one of the most incredible 3D animation fans of Battlestar Galactica on the Internet, so be sure to check out his site at the link that follows.

http://www.lurexlounge.com/roomx

= = = =

Colonial Fan Force Reaches New Goal

New report from Commander Taggart of ColonialFanForce.org: "A heartfelt 'thank you' to the fans who have made this possible. No further donations are required. Now the real work begins. Let's make sure that when we rise and speak with one voice, we will be heard. By the Lords of Kobol." Thanks to Commander Taggart for the report, and thanks to all of the fans who contributed with their donations and effort to the Colonial Fan Force. Now that the ads have been purchased, it is time to write to the studio heads. For more information and to participate and help make a difference be sure to visit ColonialFanForce.org!

http://www.colonialfanforce.org

= = = =

Detailed Report of July San Diego Comic-Con

Battlestar Galactica fan Artemis posted a detailed report of the July San Diego Comic-Con that featured Richard "Apollo" Hatch, Stargate SG-1/Atlantas, and Farscape. Here is an excerpt from Artemis' report: "Richard Hatch was given 1.5 hours on Friday at Comic-con during which he presented The Great War of Magellan (GWoM) trailer and The Second Coming trailer. The GWoM trailer was great, he only showed his shorter version, 4 minutes. The artist for the GWoM comic was a couple seats from me and spent the entire time sketching, it was amazing watching a talented artist work, especially since I can't draw a thing. He also showed The Second Coming trailer which was longer than the one I saw many years ago. For those of you who haven't seen it, I'm sorry, your missing out on what you have wanted Battlestar Galactica to become. He spent much of the time answering questions and the other hot topic is his upcoming role on Battlestar Galactica 04. He had previously refused to do a cameo role on the show because he refuses to do cameos on anything but he told RDM that if he wrote a character he found interesting to play as an actor he would do it and RDM did write a character he wanted to play. He was nervous about meeting the crew in Canada considering all the hate mail they got because of him and was surprised by the warm welcome they all gave him. Jamie Bamber explained to Richard that he considered himself to be Lee Adama and that Richard was and would always be Apollo." For the complete report, be sure to check out the following link at Colonial Fleets.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ead.php?t=7502

= = = =

Colonial Fan Force in Your Hands Now

New announcement from Commander Taggart of ColonialFanForce.org: "The future is in the hands of all fandom. I will say this, however: if any of us sits back and says to himself 'I've already done enough, let someone else write,' then we will fail to make an impact. If any of us says 'I just don't have the time, someone else will write,' then we will fail to make an impact. It really is up to you. The ads are going to make more people than ever before aware of our effort, and, God willing, it will drive a lot of traffic to the Colonial Fan Force site, where the plan will be outlined. The opportunity we will have to demonstrate our numbers will be unprecedented. September is nearly here. The culmination of all of our efforts is upon us. One of two things is going to happen: we, as a fan base, are going to shock Hollywood with a larger show of support for TOS than they ever expected; or we are going to confirm in their minds that at our best, we are but a mere handful. I want to thank everyone who has played a part in making the Colonial Fan Force a success over the course of the past year, either by contributing money, or by contributing talent, ideas, and time. Here's hoping this fan base has enough chutzpah left to make this 'last hurrah' one that will echo through the cinema ticket windows of the world." Many thanks to Commander Taggart for the very well-written announcement. This is only an excerpt, so for the complete announcement be sure to visit the following link at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums.

http://forums.battlestargalacticaclu...showtopic=3008

= = = =

Athena Desktop Illustrations

ColonialFleets.com technician thomas7g has posted an incredible and unique illustration of Battlestar Galactica's Athena. The artwork image is fantastic, and can be downloaded as computer wallpaper for the following screen resolutions: 800x600, 1024x768, and 1280x1024 pixels. For a preview of the picture and the links for download, be sure to check out thomas7g's report at Colonial Fleets.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ead.php?t=7486

= = = =

New Artwork for Battlestar Galactica Fan Fic

Battlestar Galactica fan fic author AJMarks posted a new report at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums: "An artist, Terry Mulvale sent me a couple of pieces of artwork that he drew from reading my stories and has a small site (right now). Just wanted to share his work with everyone. The pieces of artwork he sent me will be up on my site this weekend." The artwork is located at the following link, so be sure to check out the new fan fic pictures.

http://www.geocities.com/lostbattlestars

= = = =

(Continued)
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote