View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2004, 08:06 AM   #8
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Rowan,

Remember it did say "to be continued" at the end of the last episode so it leaves the viewers with the feeling that it wasn't the end of John and Aeryn.

My husband got his master's degree studying invertebrate behavior but now he is a school teacher.
My job is a mix of lab and field work which is good, too many long hard days in the field make you appreciate the lab but the lab gets tedious after a while.

I take it you didn't go into the field of ethology?
Hi Artemis
No, I did 2 years of biology and couldn't hack calculus but it's the only thing I've ever wanted to do my whole life. As a teenager I used to keep a book that kept track of all the bird nests in my area how many eggs were laid how many hatched etc, I used to catch voles with my bare hands (in winter when the snow is deep you wait till they pop out of their hole and then cover it with you mitten then when they rush back because they have seen you they go right to their hole so you just scoop them up) I'd measure them and weigh them, and try and sex them etc. I was only about 14 at the time but I kept meticulous notes and checked my nests daily (about 10-15 nests). I'm very good a lab work. I've worked in a couple of biology labs at a couple of universities, as a student. But my love lies more in the outdoors work. I have a six sense when it comes to understanding animals and that came in handy when I worked as a veterinary technician

I have a couple of girlfriend who are biologists one teaches the other does statistical analysis etc. Thanks for sharing Artemis
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote