View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:34 AM   #15
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Mel Gibson calls reporter an A$$ho&le on WGN-TV

You've got a good point. For the most part I agree with you but I do think there is a time to shut up and punch someone square in the face. The media is a beast without respect for anyone or any thing. Its about time someone got in there and said it how it is.

Will it change anything?

No.

It may get some people thinking though and that is a good thing. Look what it has done here...we're talking about it and actually discussing the real issues at hand.

Respect does beget respect. For example, last night I wrote a big response in disagreement to what Centurion Draco wrote. It was pretty defensive. On any other board I would have let it ride...but not here.

People here are pretty respectful and that goes a long way. I have a lot of respect for this place. No one is attacking each other here, its a discussion and it would have been wrong for me to get defensive even if I do disagree with what he wrote. Instead I stated my opinion. He stated his, and I can see where he is coming from if I take a minute to think about it.

The media isn't like that though. Its a mess right now. Its all one big glorified ball of tabloids. The gloves need to come off for some bare knuckle truth with that lot. Its time. Like the Bible and the Byrds once said...for everything there is a purpose. We didn't storm Normandy to give Hitler a reprimand. He had his shot.

I do have some pretty strong feelings about it. Strong enough to compare the media to a bunch of Nazis! Okay...that might be a bit extreme!

I think if an interviewer is going to go for a surprise low blow, no one should be surprised when the subject fires back.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote