View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2004, 11:48 AM   #78
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
There are still some Realm Press stories I need to get up to speed on since I never got all the issues of that comics run
Don't think anyone's got the entire run of Realm Press comics Eric. Many were convention exclusives available only in the United States if i remember correctly? while i have several comics of them myself. I don't have all of them. i just hope more turn up at comic conventions when i go looking for some.

It would have been nice if WOTG had ultimately played up this angle a bit more beyond the Iblis-Baltar conversation, like perhaps something said by the SOL being at the end about Iblis and other things he'd done (like, "he tried to enslave your people just as he once enslaved the original Cylon race").

I think Iblis at the time was just interested in destroying the Cylon race, and then he could move on to humanity afterwards. "One race at a time" as it were.

If I were writing a full backstory on how Iblis did this, I would see him as someone who took the form of a living Cylon and gave them the technological breakthrough to develop the centurion robot (perhaps the old Cylon race was in a war where they needed such technology to win, or perhaps even in a civil war with each other and Iblis helped one side), knowing that inevitably the robots would destroy the living Cylons.

Far as playing up the Count Iblis background. I'd also like the possibility of the SOL beings revealing to the colonials other things about Count Iblis like for instance, that he isn't the only fallen 'Angel' i.e. the "Angel"/"Morning Star" that became Satan. In the bible Satan was cast out but also along with 1 third of heaven's angels who also rebelled against god?

Would be interesting if the metaphor could be played up that Iblis along with several other outcast, also are out there fighting amounst each other? Iblis did tell Adama off, when Adama just assumed Iblis only enemies might be the Cylons in the universe! (Iblis could have meant alot of things with that line?) The SOL beings, telling the Colonial Warriors to beware in their travels of others like Iblis would be a great forshadow of other powerful renegades just like Iblis who were once like them but are corrupt and dangerous. Iblis has other enemies in the universe besides the SOL beings? His other brothers and sisters out there who also rebelled for example? Siblings do fight each other don't they?

I'm trying to work some of that into my season by season script BG continuation outline (a work in progress!)

Anyway, just my two cents!

Later

KJ