Thread: Anime debate
View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #20
Mustex
On Vacation...

BTW, go here for some Blue Gender trailers. This is the level of realism I'm talking about:

http://bluegender.com/

Also, anime provides another advantage that live action doesn't give. In the case of live action if you want to have a "clean" and "dirty" version, you have to plan for it. For instance, you can't have nudity in a scene that's overly important to the plot if you want to edit it down for kids.

However, back when Cartoon Network was showing the 08th MS Team it had a problem. There was a scene in which the main character saw a girl swimming nude, and she shot at him. Other plot points wouldn't make sense without this scene. The solution: Just draw a bikini on her (have it be done in a tint that drastically conflicts with everything around it, so all the adult viewers know what happened). This could be worked for a TOS series. I'm not proposing that there should be nudity in the TOS continuation, but if you want to call it adult, a bit of blood here and there helps. Then if you want to air it on daytime Cartoon Network, you can just edit it out. It's alot harder to digitally paint out blood.

Rule 1: You lose.
Mustex is offline   Reply With Quote