View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #5
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default Re: A BSG Extras DVD: A Call to David Kerin?

Out of curiosity I read through Visor's review, and it wasn't that horrible. Some of his points are valid, and remember these are fan-edit people who have been doing it for a long time. Looking back, the way I was converting the video to go into Premiere did end up with compression. There are things that won't bother other people, but to people around that site they will see it instantly. Although he was wrong about taking them from xvid sources.

Also, for his comment on some of the city backgrounds looking fake, I purposely used painted scifi art cities from the 1970s-ish era as a reflection on the time of the production, rather than going for realism. Part of my love for that 70s scifi painted look.

As for caps-lock, I actually did not post them or type any of the stuff on fanedit.org, that was done by someone else. And it goes to show how anything written, be it electronic or on paper, can be vastly misconstrued by the reader. He (or she) obviously took something from there that had no intention or meaning.

Its good to hear the good and the bad, so no worries here. There were some valid points in there that I already knew existed before reading that review. Its all the learning process.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote