View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #30
CmdrCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
In this scene on Kobol as Adama, Apollo and Serina go through the ruins, Adama talks about how Kobol died through their contamination of the planet's resources, and he also mentions that those who settled the Colonies destroyed their technology as a sign of repentance. To my knowledge this is the only "telemovie" scene from the two part episodes not included in any of the supplements.
That's interesting. I don't think I'd ever come across that bit of dialogue before.

One thing I wondered about while viewing this episode was why it was that Kobol didn't seem to have any modern cities. I suppose that such cities could have been destroyed in some cataclysm, leaving only the more ancient dwellings; although it still seems odd that Adama would believe that the answer to the location of the 13th tribe would be found in an ancient pyramid. It would seem more logical to look for that information in the ruins of an old spaceport or a command-and-control facility.

Then again...

If I remember correctly, the 12 worlds were colonized first, and the the 13th tribe didn't migrate until much later. It could be that Kobol had repented its technology, dismantled most of it, and returned to its more primitive ways by the time the 13th tribe set off. Maybe the 13th tribe was composed of the last technological hold-outs who were finally forced to flee.

I may be forgetting some canon here, but it's fun to speculate.