View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #19
Mieal Deneb
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Wilco Models Prop offer

LOL, no, that's not my R2 in my blog profile pic with me. If that was my R2 I'd be rich because my name would be George Lucas! That is the ILM R2-D2 that was made for Episodes 1, 2, and 3. I got to "meet" him at Star Wars: Celebration 2 because he was a special guest to the R2-D2 Builders' Club Room (I didn't have a droid then, but I was still a member and it has it's perks!). If you'd like to see my R2, you can visit the blog I created just for him: Artee Dootoo

I've had a lot of help making him, but the details were all me. He's still not 100% complete, but he's getting there. The major amount of stuff to be done is mostly unseen like the RC stuff I plan to do. Just basic things like moving around (forward, turns, backward, etc.) and dome rotation. I'd also like to RC the front holoprojector and his lights and sound. Right now his sound is activated by a mic that picks up sound, when he hears someone nearby, he "speaks". His lights are just controlled by an on off switch and a 9 volt battery.
Mieal Deneb is offline   Reply With Quote