View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #32
cdlegend
Shuttle Pilot

Default Many Many Friends with knowledge

It is so nice to know that there are so many fans out there who are so very willing and able to help out others with information and trivia. I have been posting on this site for over two years now and have always spoke to and heard from the best fans ever!
I am proud to be a part of this fandom and wish to stop a micron and let all of you out there know that.
I have just recently been elected President of the Chairpersons leading Galactica Fan Club. Before me served a wonderful fan who runs the website Battlestar New York. We at Galactica fan Club want each and every fan who is a member and those who have not joined us yet to feel a part of this fandom as I have for these few years.
Since the mini series aired in December 2003, there has been a super nova explosion of fans and traffic on all of the Galactica website. Not all fans are happy about that mini or with Ron Moore... but Galactica fans must all be embrassed. Those of us who have held this fandom together for twenty-five years are not afraid to extend a hand to a new fan. We don't have to like the new mini.... many loth it, but the fans have come together to celebrate a story that has endured. That is what is important.
Some fans have questions about the original and we need to willingly give them this informtion. That is what this fandom is about. Remember, we are all GAlacticans! All connected in some way.
I'd like to ask new fans and old to let us know what you would like to have us do to make you feel more like a member of our club. Use this forum if you'd like, or drop me a line at cdlegend40@hotmail.com We serve you!
I also recommend each and everyone to purchase the new DVD collection. It is nicely done. You can learn so much about the "Saga of a Star World" Also, to all fans - purchase a DVD from GAlacticon 2003. Those of the original cast who came to be with the fans really spoke to us from the heart. I know that a piece of every one of them made up a part of each character they played.
I salute you all!
Legend
cdlegend is offline   Reply With Quote