View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #28
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

Default Re: What do you think the new uniforms will look like?

Yes, the Females and some of the background (extras) male Warriors all wore Equestrian or Jack boots. (think of Nazi Officer boots) They were the same Dark Borwn color that the Sidi's were painted to. (The Full bores are actually black but were painted a dark brown for the costume) If you can get a pair that is brown, From a Milk Chocolate brown to a Cordovan brown, then you'll be set.

As for trying to find SIDIs, it's deffinately NOT easy lol.

As for the costumes, I hope they don't change anything as far as the set up for the Costumes. I always liked how the pilots had seperate Shirts and Pants. Let's face it, unless you have that Full pressure suit, the only way you are goign to eject from a Viper is in a "pod" (think of what's left of Starbuck's Viper in "Return of Starbuck". You can say that when the light bars are activated on the helmets, force fields turn on to seal the helmet, but you have no gloves and no air supply (not the band!!! ) I just don't think there were chances of surviving Combat in a damaged Viper. So why bother with a seperate Outfit? The G-Suit under your combat dress is a better combo. Or hell, intergrate the G-suit into the battlesuit.

I don't mnid if the fit or design of the 3 piece uniform changes a bit, but I'm not a fan of a seperate outfit for the Vipers. As it was, in the original, The Battlejacket was only worn by Viper pilots. Bridge crew didn't wear them, Shuttle pilots didn't wear them (excluding Serina in the deleted scenes) Just Viper pilots. Even the Artic Strike Team only wore the Tan Uniform, No battlejackets.

Just my take.

Classic fan, and die hard!
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote