View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:39 AM   #93
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Wow... I was just reading some of the posts... I didn't realize I started such a fire storm and I'm really sorry about that.

I just wanted to share an idea I had... Didn't mean for it to get all heated up. My bad.

I haven't really spent much time reading all the posts on this thread... I just wanted to post some updates.

I'll continue to work on my little project. Hope to continue to hear from you all... I've appreciated some of the great emails and response to my animation. Thanks

I do hope to meet Mr. Larson some day... For I admire his work, idea, and concept... I've always dreamed that I could chat with him some morning over a cup of coffee. Anything is possible... I just hope to follow in his foot steps and produce my own sci-fi show some day.

Cheers all.
no worries mate .. this happens from time to time and that´s no bad thing either.

as to the other suggestion fixing up the image via photoshop etc I don´t at present have time but I would like to start modeling the Galactica myself but that won´t be for a while until my present Trek project is wrapped up.

I posted an image showing one of the elements that reduces to quality of the shows impact for me.

its there to view .. I have a large screen TV now and on that it looks as bad in case some wants to suggest it could be my monitor .. so I checked last night if my monitor is at fault.

This is the last observation I am going to make on this and its something that Eric and like minded members are thinking

it is this

with all due respect to your position

1. do you think future generations will accept BSG in it current condition as a going concern and completely watch-able show in say another 10 years time.
and who knows where technology will be then.

2. and given that younger viewers are bombarded with more modern visuals effect films and tv shows.

and lets be honest most modern films / tv are filmed around special effects now and the characters are secondary importance.

you watch them and forget them ..... BSG has survived because the story and the Characters are interesting and fun and Entertaining!!!!!

I think the position that I am have and KJ is that we feel to give BSG an extend life on the video and sales shelves the effects which is apart of the story as they make the story believable??!! . when the Effect fail as I think they are in BSG.

I understand and respect your views for keeping things as they are. bottom line is keep the current quality and you hurt the future for the original BSG .. I firmly believe this. and I would like to see it on TV and DVD shelves for a long time to come in the future.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote