View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2005, 03:06 PM   #13
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Peter,

I tried the missiles and didn't come up with anything I liked. I didn't much like the guns either. I thought about the maneuverability and chickened out and went with some stabilizer fins. I tried them bent outward but they looked kinda lame so I chickened out there also and bent them inward. I'm not sure how these will work out when its animated but I'll wait and see until then. Its an easy fix if it needs to be altered.

Don,

The pods would cause a lot of drag but to some degree that's more or less the point. I wanted something that seemed like the pilots would be sacrificing some capability to get all the extra firepower. I like the way they detract from the swoop feel of the fighter. The overall idea is that you don't want to be at the recieving end of this thing if it gets you at optimum range and then just lets loose. I had more weapons on it but it was getting to the Frogstar fighter stage so I went with something a bit more reasonable.

Lara,

When I get to the wing mounts, they'll be hydrolic lifters that swing the wings up and down into position.

I'm still not very happy about the texturing but this is how its coming so far.

Sandy