View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2004, 02:54 PM   #21
Antelope

Overall this was the weakest TOS story. I thought Starbuck and Miri were overly flirtatious. The fact that she looked under 18 was not a good thing. I am sure the young male audience enjoyed it however. I also never saw anyone in the episode outside the immediate family so it is a bit disturbing to wonder what became of them after the colonials left. I guess I need to suspend some more reality and not think of it to much.

This espisode did have some good insight into the cylons. It showed that they do have a class that has some initiative and human like concerns. It was good seeing Spectre make his false reports and have a sense of humor.

As episodes progressed it is possible to see how the colonials fell for the original cylon armistice ruse. If you had a cylon like Spectre or Lucifer at the negotiating table you might just have hope you were dealing with beings with some kind of concern or empathy. It is obvious that at a minimum they cared about themselves and their careers in the cylon hierarchy.