View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2003, 08:25 PM   #6
cdlegend
Shuttle Pilot

Default Great remdition

King Fish,
That was a great rendition of the pilot - ie the movie as well. Many fans do not realize that Battlestar Galactica was a motion picture shot in Surround Sound at Universal Theater and released in Canada after Star Wars made such a huge impact. Then, it was released (BSG) in the US. I saw the movie and will never forget the almost deafening sound of the Battlestar as she floated across the big screen.
Later on, Universal wanted Larson to turn BSG into a series. IT was a rush, rush thing. With a little more time, the show could have been a lot better. Anyway, because mini series' were big things back then, the powers decided that BSG would be a great mini series. It began with the shortened movie and ended, of course with "Planet of the Gods"because actress Jane Seymore never bargined for a series. She needed an out for her character, so they killed her off. Richard Hatch says that he considered himself a lucky man to have played opposite Seymore.
This mess that Moore has cooked up is not - and I repeat NOT a remake of the original series premire. IT is a totally different script. Characters have been changed, the time has been changed, the complete attitude and mythos behind the original Film/series has been changed.
I read an article that featured New series star Edward James Olmos telling fans to pop in the DVD ( going to be released in October 2003 - totally remastered and restored Dolby Surround Sound and all) Watch it instead of the mini series because it is going to be crap! At least Olmos honest.
cdlegend
cdlegend is offline   Reply With Quote