View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2002, 10:25 AM   #11
vmnjn
Bad Email Address

Default Creepy

I still can't get over the feeling that any series Moore got to rewrite would end up the same way. While Buck Rogers had more "intimacy" initially, the Draconian Queen, it ended up being pretty tame.

If Moore redid Buck Rogers, with the mood he is in, I have a feeling that we would see the Draconian Queen "on top" alot more than BR fans would expect.

BG:Redo has just had the misfortune to be in the wrong place at the right time.

While the pressure to make a BG product was increasing, there was not enough pressure to use a specific individual to develop the product.

I am seeing disturbing similarities between BG:Redo and G80. I hope that the end result however at least reaches the quality of the original BG.

Despite the conflicts between ABC and Larson BG, was mostly a "family" scifi show. While that required certain compromises overall it was very entertaining. With what B5 proved was possible for scifi series I know many fans would hope the same could be done for BG. It does not look like this is going to happen.

All I can do is watch the finished product, without the family. If it is well done and, most impotantly, fun, I will lobby for a series. If not I will lobby for someone else to try their hand at interpreting Larson's original vision.

While I am glad some work is being done, it feels like Moore is not trying to improve BG. It feels like Moore is trying to prove something. I know it sounds odd, but it seems like BG is strictly a means to an end for him.
vmnjn is offline   Reply With Quote