View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2004, 11:40 AM   #51
BRG
Warrior

Cool *****

I loved this episode. Easily the best of the series IMO. 5 out of 5!

I was stunned at how good this episode was. It is one of the finest episodes of any sci fi show I have ever seen, and in my opinion, this episode was worth the price of the DVD set alone. BRILLIANT!

There have been very few viewing experiances that I can remember compair to watching this episode. It was compelling from start to finish, and MacNee's performance as Iblis was magnificent, I can't remember him ever giving a better performance. You had an uneasy feeling about his character that grew throughout the whole episode. The way he seduces Sheba to his will, his confrontations with Adama, the way he deals with Baltar, and how he gets the population to follow him in such a brief period, you started to suspect who he really was. When Apollo reveals that he is the'Prince of Darkness', the hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end.

The scene on the Ship of Lights, where Apollo's body is layed out on the alter, and Starbuck & Sheba, overwhelmed and struggleing to comprehend what is going on, is one of the most beautifully played out scenes I've seen. Wonderfull acting by Benedict, Lockhart & Hatch!

Now, as to the crashed ship. I must admit, when I first watched this episode I also thought it was the Pegasus. But since I have read otherwise on this page, I feel slightly cheated that we can't see the deleated scene. But in some ways, things like that actually play better if you don't see them. Let's our imagination do the work, witch just makes the whole scene more unsettleing!

But to round off, a brilliant episode! And Patrick MacNee gives us a stellar performance.
By the way, do you not think that Iblis and the 'Angels' in this episode are quite simmilar to the Vorlons and the Shadows from Babylon 5?
BRG

PS- As a Superman fan, I was delighted to see Kirk Alyn , the original big screen Man of Steel from the 1940's serials 'Superman' and 'Atom Man vs Superman', had a wee guest role in this episode. He played the Old Man on the Gemini frieghter who Iblis askes to follow him. Although he was in his late 60's, you can still see classic look of Superman in his face!
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote