View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2008, 09:40 AM   #15
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar: 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kerin
Hey there KJ,

I'm not planning any thing as of yet, although if I would I think it would be a more in depth high end re-edit of Saga of a Star World. And that would be taking more time with it, and asking help of others who might be interested. The other edits, as often said, were more for my fun and actually a relaxation for me. So I never took it to the level of high demands on the work.

But I think if I were to try something at some time it would be a bigger re-edit of Saga. Probably trying to replace all the effects and enhancing as much as possible. However, even though you asked for them many times, I don't know if I'd go as far as replacing bridge displays. You never know though. One thing I'd like to do is make the main window also a display window where it can display tactical information.

I know, Battlestar may have other great episodes like LL, LPOTG, GOIPZ, Hand Of God and War Of The Gods. But its the pilot that set everything up and had that epic awe-inspiring quality in it, that kinda demanded that BG's universe was always be huge in scale. And it came with such an original concept that makes it appealing, even so far as TV shows go today its still quite powerful and interesting to explore and think about.

I know many of us 'shot' our load on ideas far as an edit of the pilot, and if and when "Universal Studios" get off their asses and make an official remastered series of BSG on Blu-Ray disc DVD with either an all-new updated; 5.1/7.1 DTS surround sound home cinema audio track, with the deleted scenes restored and spruced up. I'd like to think that plenty of ideas for BSG to be remastered on a new Blu-Ray DVD released, has only barely been scratched by yourself and us fans and that an official version would be beneficial for all concerned i.e., fans/studio!

Yeah i'm sure we all wouldn't mind seeing more added to the pilot, but only to see Battlestar Galactica given a 'up-to-date' coat of paint as it were and see that with new CGI effects added to it that the concept of the classic series was quite groundbreaking indeed, and she had the chance the effects of the 78 series would've only enchanced what we all envisioned as fans and sci-fi afictionardos.

Later DK. I'd also like to say in passing that i downloaded the 'Battlestar 1999' off of youtube and converted it and joined the files to watch that fan edited episode you constructed (my internet woes won't stop me from viewing what you pulled off) neat stuff as always. Hope you re-use that G80 landing bay shot in your next "Saga" re-edit or any such fan edit of yours where you could show more of the Galactica's 'landing bay' minus Dr Zee's ship of course, and paint in an extension of the Big G's landing bay pod from your own creations!

Loved a ton of the new effects. And finally a CGI Galactica, you've got to add those underneath shots in your future edits, they look sweet. How long did it take to render David?

Also, the bit about the "animated graphics" displays. Sorry if i've gone on about it too many times, but i've noticed alot of great sci-fi fan edits are enhanced by video graphics/holograms on video screens and whatnot. I love to see a remastered BG use'em as well*. You've got the BSG 'blueprints' in some capacity haven't you? I've got a book on Computer Gif's and PC graphic animation, i'll PM you the name and whatnot if you want David, it might help you out.

Laters

KJ

P.S. Damn you Universal, whats up? Dave Kerin's done more than you have with so much less and he's is only one man?!!! For classic BG. You could all stand to learn from what we all know and what i'm about to say, o.k.

Battlestar Galactica (1978 series) spruced up with CGI and given a high-def remastering on Blu-Ray DVD in 5.1/7.1 with a DTS track and original episodes.... = $$$$$$ (check the sales of the classic series if you don't believe the fans)