View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Yeah it ought to happen. But no planning ever seems to come of it. But with a theatrical BSG film possibly on the way in a few years time. Doing this or getting somebody to do it for real, is the first big step.

Figured CFF could do another poster ad or magazine page advert for it, as i've suggested in the past. But this time send it to Universal themselves along with some fanedit example etc and a letter to Glen Larson or whomever weilds some real influence at the boardroom/studios.

I'd like to keep alot of the model shots but also have some really high grade CGI in there. I mean stuff that'll make the Star Trek Remastered CGI look amatuer-ish by comparison. Removed the stock footage of SFX effects, and make minor subtle changes to certain things. Also colour-correct and enhance some of the film stock of the original footage, and give it a digital makeover, classic BSG also needs alot of the colour restored, even on the 2003 DVD's, the colour of somethings looks way washed out, it'll need a serious spruce up in a good 35% to 40% percent of the episodes.

The starfields could really be enhanced too, rather than have bland black space all the time. I'd also like to see some digital changes to existing things from the original that a remastered series, could greatly increase and update. I'd like to see the Galactica and Pegasus touched upon when it comes down to Living Legend episode for example. And have each Battlestar be similar yet different with several CGI touch-ups. Have the big 'G' be a 'darker grey' while Cain's ship is an older lighter tan-ish colour, and have a perfect CGI recreation of the Pegasus do flyby's and beauti-shots near and around the Galactica (original model and 'CGI mesh' etc?).

Same goes for the pilot and the 5 flying Battlestars, during the 'Battle Of Cimtar'!

There's just so much that could be done with this old series, and so much to benefit from it, if it were to be done tomorrow!

Yeah. But how to go about it is another challenge in itself.

KJ