View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2004, 07:45 PM   #30
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

In the weeks and months both preceding and following the airing of the mini-series, I have spent a fair amount of time considering those items and have come to the realization that too little time was spent by Mr. Moore in laying the groundwork for this show. Even if it were called by another name, many of the show's elements would either not appeal to me, or not make sense.

Would not these apparently highly advanced people have found cures for the diseases that we, on Earth, are still treating?

Would not these people, in the advancement of their society and culture have not moved beyond the pettiness and infighting that still hounds those of us, here on Earth?

Would not these people have achieved a level of "personal development" to which we could aspire or would we view them as just another person on the street, i.e., "no better than us" ?

This show had too many uncanny similarities to Earth that have caused me to view it more as a glimpse of "us" somewhere down the evolutionary timeline. After a long 25+ years, it's unfortunate that I didn't warm up to this show but, the tale was not the same, for me, as it is for others. I still want a second helping of vanilla ice cream.

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote