View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2004, 08:44 PM   #13
koenigrules
Warrior

Hi ElvisLiS:
I did want to respond to you before some of the others because I was like you when I first posted.
I was very enthusiastic about the new BSG (I still am as a matter of fact), but I did not quite understand the desires of some to keep the original format and not change it into a reimaged version.
After several months of posting, I realized that this group (some of whom are on this board) would not be open to the new show UNLESS it went back to its roots and proceeded from there.
You do have to realize that fans are entitled to a variety of opinions- not just one-and that you will not change their views anymore than they will change yours.
Some will not watch Moore's show & concentrate instead on a continuation movie with TOS actors. Or they will see the new BSG as a sci-fi show with a tenous link to Galactica at best.
And that's fine.
I did want to set the tone here so that you are open to all perspectives.
Please try to acknowledge the validity of other fans' opinions which will differ from yours and even mine.
And please regard my comments in that light.
I am not trying to put you down at all, just increasing the span of your vision.
Once you do attain that vision, you will see that there are more complex issues here than you (or even I) can imagine.
But be open and most especially be respectful of TOS fandom.
Thjat's all I'm asking.
Take care,
KR
koenigrules is offline   Reply With Quote