View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM   #27
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Warrior View Post
The original BSG formula would need major retooling to work in the modern day market, the Galactica's interior would need modifying but still need to be familiar to fans, the Cylons would need changing (no human looking ones though) or add a new line of Cylons to go with the old, additions to the original cast is needed, a few variations of the Vipers (no walking ones) and Raiders would be nice.

I hope it can be done and we get something sooner rather than later, the CGI that people show in the forum is just proof it can definitely work
With all due respect, I dispute that. Ron Moore has had over 5 years, from the time of mini-series to now, and has "re-tooled" the original BSG formula. Where has it gotten him (at the end of his series run) ?

Frankly, I think that a healthy dose of "feel good" shows and some true epic heroism is what this country needs, not just another dose of Hollywood-scripted "reality". When I want reality, I watch the news or read the news reports, I don't flip on the Sci-Fi channel.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote