View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2006, 07:54 AM   #34
Viper 04

Here is a CHART to calcualte LED 'resistors' to be used.

It is very important to use the correct resistance for each LED you use.....each LED has its own power values...If you don't you will either fry it right off or kill it slowly.......SONG TIME!!!! Killing it softly with his voltage killing softly with......ooops sorry got carried away

Try to by your LED's on line and from a source that shows what the POWER needs are.....then you can find all the risistors you need at your Radio Shack or where ever.

I have many older projects where only some IF ANY lights work at all because I used the right 'voltage' but not the right 'resistance'

http://www.bpesolutions.com/ledcalculator.html

If you are lucky you can use the same type of LED's on a whole project....same voltage....same resistors then its much easier!

There are a few LED shops online that charge squate for just a hanfull of LED's...with no min requirement....you can choose size, color, brightness, angle......alll that...its awesome!

I'm off to my parents place this weekend ( NO INTERNET ) so I will respond this sunday night....at least I think their PC is wack?

Seeya! and hope this helps?