View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2004, 03:51 AM   #10
bsg1fan1975
Major

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
LOL Gunnerk!!! I actually have one of those handheld Atari games that plug right into the TV. Got it from Avon, but I hear it's all around now. It's the 2600 version but I've heard of several others, even Intellivision. It's really great but they made one boo-boo - they included several paddle games. Egads, no way to play those with a stick.

My fav system? Hmm. gotta admit I don't really like any system made after joysticks went kaput; I grew up on right handed digital joysticks and cannot for the life of me get used to left handed chiclet controllers (every system since NES). In the days before 14 gazillion buttons on the controller, I used to make my own home-made joysticks for systems like NES, so at least I had a chance of surviving (and conversely, I modified NES controllers to work on Atari systems so that my nieces and nephews could play against me).

I think my fav was the Atari 800, although in its day I truly loved the 2600 too. Never liked polygon based machines cuz bitmapped monsters look so much more real (I always call modern polygon monsters "shrink-wrapped tinkertoys" LOL ), and of course the blasted left handed controllers frustrate me to no end. *sigh*

Guess I'm just an old timer now, LOL!

I guess I can be in that category as well. I loved the Atari system and wish that it could be brought back!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote