View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2021, 10:16 AM   #21
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Revisiting The Old Novelizations

Thanks! Been slowed down a bit with other projects but I do intend to resume eventually. Going through these reminds me why I felt it was necessary for me personally to have done my own fanfic adaptations of the episodes that would be closer to the spirit of the episodes as they aired but with changes for tightening continuity and adding foreshadowing (like for instance when doing Saga, I had scenes of Charybdis and Ortega confronting each other and setting up MOTRS for later). Even with their strengths in some areas, the novelizations are ultimately more of a totally alternate Galactica universe. They have more in common with the kind of "adaptations" that James Blish did for the Star Trek episodes in style (though Blish's format was the short story angle as opposed to novelization).
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote