View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #35
JSC1
Warrior

Default Re: Back and thinking about project

And now to wrap up Aztec:

Chalchiuhtlatonal-God of Water (I'd be hard pressed to come up with a name out of this)
Chalchiuhtecolotl-Night Owl god(Or this. Although the idea of a 'Night Owl' is a good one for a warrior, or Cylon, that operates in darkness)
Chalchiahtlicue-Jade skirt. Goddess of lake streams and birth. Consort of Tlaloc.(Really have to work on the name for this one. But the idea of a woman in a jade skirt by a river is quite a beautiful image in my mind. Maybe I can use it, but the name would need a lot of tweaking. Plus she would have a boyfriend in order to keep with the myth.)
Tlaloc-Rain, fertility and water. Also sent hail, thunder and lightning. Associated with caves, springs and mountains. He also demanded child sacrifices. (Good visuals or rain, fertility and water [especially if he has a hot woman by his side to emphasize the fertility part]. The part about child sacrifices.....VERY iffy.)
Chalchiuhtotoliq-God of pestilence and mystery
Chalmecatecuchtlz-God of the Underworld (Could be another IL but would REALLY need to work on the name.)

Now that I think about it the term 'Chal' could be used as a name for a Cylon resistance cell as the term is placed in front of several gods in the Aztec Mythology. Something to think on later.

Chalmecatl-The Underworld (Base for the Chal?)
Chantico-Hearthfire, personal treasure, & volcanoes
Chicomecoatl-New Maize and produce
Chiconahui-Domestic fertility goddess (Name 'Nahui'. Possibly combine name with the goddess in the Jade Skirt)
Chiconahuiehecatl-Associated with creation. (Possible name-Conah. Maybe a lead creation god in the book of the sun. Called Conah because REAL name....is unprenounceable.)
Cipoctonal-God of Astrology and the calendar
Citalicue-Creator of the stars. (Perhaps the name Cita or Cital could work here.)
Coatlicue-She of the serpent skirt. (Colonial name-Coa. Serpent could be associated with House of Iblis. Could also make for a great human villain. Plus put woman in Jade skirt with woman in Serpent Skirt, and you could get a catfight. [I know, I know. Cheap entertainment. But it could bring in some readers.])
Ehecatl-God of wind. Creator of heaven, earth and humanity. (Maybe a name 'Eheca' would work. Or 'Ehecal')

But with all these names and all these gods, you can probably understand why I stopped here with Aztec (especially with so many being hard to pronounce). Maybe I'll revisit this page again. But there are other mythologies on the list that need to be addressed. I will admit though that some of the names here have given me some other story ideas. Perhaps they have inspired other writers as well.

I guess the Mayans are next.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote