View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #89
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Thumbs down Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
*sigh* Whatever Eric Paddon, the debate is about a 'Remastered' Battlestar Galactica - Go READ "THE THREAD TITLE". This isn't one of your threads where you go off and rant at somebody with any supposed intellectual insights.

Figure that needs saying, even if you'll have a mod jump in on your behalf. I'm brave enough to be brutally honest.
No, it means you're incapable of showing basic civility even AFTER you were told by the Moderators to do so. What a pity that you'd rather presume some arrogant right to indulge in yet another uncalled for personal attack on me just because I register a perspective different from your own. I at least, chose to treat the discussion as a fair-minded exchange in which I don't begrudge the other perspective, so long as there is an understanding of just how serious an issue this whole question raises which for many people like myself is not a trivial matter. It evidently says something for the insecurity of your own position that you can't summon a response in the spirit of what message board discussion is supposed to be about and instead have to take the low-road. And what's laughable is how you then defend your low-road bullying as an exercise in "honesty" that somehow "needed to be said" when the real definition of it is intellectual cowardice of the first order. And that is something that *really* needs to be said because if you want to know who ruined this thread with off-topic personal attacks and smears, all you need to do is look in a mirror. If Taranis and Reaper can make the case for their side without attacks, it surely should be within your capacity to do the same.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote