View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2003, 09:12 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Default Falling Up and BSG

Do you remember being young? How doing simple things could bring about such strange, new emotions?

One of my most lasting emotional impressions was lying on my back in the grass in the Santa Cruz mountains. It was a cool, windy day and I just lay there passing the time watching the billowy cotton candy clouds rush overhead, almost close enough to touch. After a few moments, my balance went all haywire and I felt like everything were turned upside down and it was /I/ who could fall up at any moment, into the oblivion of light blue forever. Did you ever have that feeling? The same thing you feel hanging upside down on a monkey bar? Your stomach goes all queasy and panic sets in, till you gather your wits and stand right side up again.

You see, I have that feeling again, and it still makes me uneasy. Cuz even though I know I can’t fall up, when you stare at something upside down long enough you can’t help but get that feeling. Like imagining how this new remake mini seems to turn the forces of nature upside down, contrary to what gravity would have us believe. It all seemed so clear to me, picking up where the last episode in 1979 left off, plus some new faces added to the old. But just thinking about the way it has become makes me feel like I’m about to fall up again. How could things have gone so wrong?

I want to right myself and end this queasiness, but the mini is falling up and so am I. Funny how looking up can make you feel down.

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote