View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2004, 02:11 AM   #11
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

Bill,

I just got through reading the script in its entirety...and Oh my God, what a great story. Very much worthy of the best aspects of Saga of a Star World, and The Living Legend.

The action was intense, the comedy..genuine. I nearly shot cola all over my computer monitor at a couple parts. Some good human moments there, and Sire Dix is a real "plick"

You have written another incredible fan tale that no Galactica fan should miss. Also, I do have a question.....Chief Douglas: Is that a tip of the hat to Aaron Douglas, and his character Chief Tyrol (one of the few agreed upon high points of TNS?) He has the same winning qualities as Tyrol...I was just curious. If so, a nice touch. I was going to try and write up a Tyrolesque character for Reciprocity as well, but it seems that ye've beaten me to the punch, my friend.

In any case, I give your story a very enthusiastic . Great pacing, great humor, and as I said before, I could literally hear and see the remaining original actors in the words I had read.

And do you know who I imagined to play Sire Dix? Wallace Shawn, who played Vizzini in "The Princess Bride." When Dix blurts "Impossible!" in a couple of your scenes, for some reason, I just envisioned Wallace Shawn playing him.

"He didn't fall!? Inconceivable!"

Well done, my friend.

I cannot say enough good about your excellent story!

With the greatest respect,
Steve (Martok2112)