View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #3
JSC1
Warrior

Default Re: Back and thinking about project

As I lay groundwork down for this story I hope to use this thread as a charting of the creative process.

Bear in mind this process is not complete. I think I need more characters in the character section. They should hopefully come to me as time, schedule and energy permit.

First the breakdown:Story, Character, Setting, Action (watching the Wordshop on PBS as a kid realy paid off I guess.)

Story:20 Yahrens ago a Colonial Carrier left for a deep star exploration mission to explore a remote system in the Sirenos galaxy in hopes of establishing a remote home away from the thousand yahren war. A new colony world.

The mission then returns home only to find the colonies under Cylon occupation. The Commander's ship is destroyed and most of the escape pods are are picked off by the IL commander Janus, who seeks to find out just what it was the mission found.

After an escape, or rescue, the commander tries to organize another exodus to the planet he explored. Getting any and all ships together, hoping to save what he can of the civilization, he leads his charges to a new planet where they can build their new civilization.

Characters(for the record-in coming up with names wikipedia has become my new best friend):

Janus-An IL cylon who has two faces, figurative, not literally. He comes off as charming and smooth talking as his program and duty permits. But he also seems to enjoy the duty his program allows. In his culling of the remaining humans on the planets he employs tactics he seems to take great pleasure in bordering on sadism if not sadistic all together. He finds logic in his choices of action as well as pleasure. Sees an opportunity in the Commander's mission.

Lt. Selena(got the name from a character on a turkish TV show played by a hot actress named Sinem Kobal)-The daughter of the mission commander. Her mother was a woman named Starla who was supposedly killed in a survey of the colony planet. Selena looked forward to a return to the colonies but was horrified to see them as ruins and statements to machine efficiency, as well as examples of Janus's sadism. She has vivid dreams, possibly premonitions, and limited mind over matter ability (referenced in War of the Gods). Starla explained it was institute training, but it's possible Selena's mother may have had a connection to the beings of light-like Angela in Return of Starbuck.

Don't worry, I'm not looking to turn her into another Dr. Zee. She'll be as confused as everyone else about herself. At least that's the plan.

Commander Seth-Warrior appointed to lead the Deep Star probe. Has a code of honor about him, yet considers himself an explorer at heart. Loving father, but stern as well. Longs to lead people to new orld to be away from war. He returns to a ruined world and his ship destroyed. Confronts Janus, who is Seth's adversary. Seth tries to preserve what he can while Janus tries to destroy all the remnants of humanity he can find. The colony mission is of interest to Janus as he seeks to destroy all humans there, as well as their sense of hope as Janus believes destroying hope will make the humans more succeptible to their extermination. Seth seeks to do all he can to preserve that hope.

Seth will try to rally the last ships he can. If I remember from Sandy's Pythagorus story from Exodus, he said there were five fleets that got off with the Galactica's fleet being the fleet of prime importance. I plan for Seth's to be a sixth fleet.

Abaris-Selena's best friend. They trained as warriors on the expeditionary mission. A man of faith and belief as he keeps the book of the word close.

Zari-yah-Fellow warrior. Wild and reckless. Speaks before thinking. May follow different faith other than Book of the Word.

Akira-A warrior of duty and honor. Follows separate faith. May base it off Japanese or Oriental religions. Will be looking at wiki in depth, as well as hopefully other sources.

More characters to come. As well as fleshing out what's here.

Setting:War torn colonies. Possibly Caprica, unless a better world comes to mind.

Action:Escape colonies, get back to explored world with survivors, and escape/defeat Janus.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote