View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:17 PM   #5
admiralmcknight
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by baafan
I kind of agree with Beeker. It looks like the fore end of the Port flight deck. From what I remember, Starbuck's "approach" was from the left/port side of the Galactica.

I also agree with AdmiralMcKnight that the flight deck operations look alot like a US carrier. However, when Starbuck / Apollo crashed into the flight deck, I was half expecting to see some kind of safety barrier to "catch" them. I understand that the flight deck was retracted, but still, what a way to stop your forward progress by crashing into a wall.

Could be that the safety barrier was out of action when the deck had taken a couple of missile hits... ?

Also, when I watched the battle between the Galactica and the Cylons, there were bubbles in the anti-aircraft guns. Are people ACTUALLY in them??!! If so, that REALLY harkens back to the old Essex -class carriers of WWII (Lexington , Yorktown , Intrepid , and Hornet )!

In fact, the ship sort of reminds me of the old Essex -class carriers. I can't wait to see BSG-75 in action again!

PS-- Anyone got a Lightwave 7.0 mesh of the new carrier?