View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #66
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedx
Having probs with Battlestar Galactica on PS2. I shoot at cylons over, over, and over, and the Galactica still gets blown up on the first mission. I've failed this mission 10 times. And I've never taken this long to get through a game.

Any suggestions?
Howdy, Mike.

The thing to do is use your primary targetting button frequently....and make sure that your missile attributes are set for agility and power. Rack up as many Cylons as you can with a missile lock, and loose your missiles. Trust me, you will be relying MORE and more on your missiles than laser cannons. As the game progresses, your missiles will become much more powerful, and you will MAX all four of your missile attributes....AGILITY, SPEED, POWER, and BLAST RADIUS.

Your primary target will be the Cylon ships that are threatening to bomb the Galactica. You will hear a comm message over your wireless that a Cylon figher or fightrers are about to blast the Galactica apart. (I cannot remember the specific message...but you will know it when you hear it. This is the time you use your Primary Targetting button, line up on your primary targets, and LET EM HAVE IT.

Here's a little secret for ya. When the mission starts....do not engage the Cylons. As long as you do not engage them, there will simply be random laser fire and explosions, with no threat to the Galactica. You can use this opportunity to fly around the Galactica....and fly very close to her and check out the detail they have given the Big G. You can see gun emplacements all over the place...and you can even fly through the trench like structures on either side of the engine housing.

Hope this helps...it's been a while since I've played the game meself.

Enjoy,
Martok2112