Thread: March 18, 1981
View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:05 PM   #10
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus4
a remake of GAH?! shhh, don't give Hollywood any ideas. Especially youknowwho. He might do a reimagining with a female Agent Maxwell, darker and sexier aliens, different powers and costume and leave out the girlfriend/wife Pam. That's all we need is GAH:TOS fans argueing with GAHINO fans.

I watched this show the night it first aired (for the first half then it was bedtime). I never liked how his name of Hinkley was changed to Hanley because it was the same name as that man who shot President Reagan. Insulting to people in real life with that last name.

I'd actually would like to see GAH on the big screen. Who needs TV? I was listening to some audio of Mr. Benedict speaking at a convention from a few years ago. I agree with something he said. Most(if not all) TV today is written with women viewers in mind. He said that even the A-Team couldn't be done on TV today. I have to think that's why remakes of shows like "Charlie's Angels", "Starsky & Hutch", "Dukes Of Hazzard", "Miami Vice"(coming this summer) made their way to the big screen. You can't do those shows anymore in their original versions on TV. I think even Robert Culp's portrayal of Bill Maxwell would be a no-no. Even Gil Gerard's portrayal of Buck Rogers wouldn't work. Do I agree with it, no. But that's the way TV is today. Seems like writers and producers can still get away with more on the big screen. Just my $0.02 worth.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote