View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2005, 03:22 PM   #14
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Long time getting back to this thread and going over what you wrote, Lara, but better late than never!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
I'd prefer that the confirmation of the existance of earth came from them picking up on s SETI project transmission, not a random set of radio/TV transmissions. Someone who understands the nature of such things better than I do could surely explain a more viable scenario for that.
Certainly not a bad idea and HOG doesn't specifically ground the events of TOS in 1969 since who knows how old the transmission is, so it's certainly possible to use that in the future. The real question is how active will Apollo be in continuing to monitor that Celestial Dome for further transmissions, especially since he never sold Adama on the idea that the transmission wasn't a Cylon lure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
I believe the whole Apollo /Sheba thing needs to move slowly. I agree with Mocha that he doesn't seem the type to rush to replace Serina, who was obviously the love of his life.
If you accept the twist on the Mormon idea of sealing (which is eternal) then there may actually be specific barriers to him committing so deeply to another woman. There mat even be a deifference between marriage and sealing? Adama seems to be a church elder as well as a ships captain, and a scholar of the Book, so its reasonably to make the assumption that the family is conservative in their religious views.
I'm the hopeless romantic when it comes to Apollo-Sheba. Eventually, I see them belonging together, though I have no problem with the idea that it needs to take time for that to happen.

Some good suggestions in the rest of those thougts regarding post-HOG storylines and some of them are to one degree or another being implemented in the ongoing "Second Season project" that Senmut, myself and some people from our fanfic mailing list are doing (finished stories at http://www.galacticafanfic.com/stories/season2.html). We're on episode #15 and except for a couple cameos of Lucifer and his baseship arriving at the scene of the destroyed one in HOG, the Cylons still haven't truly reappeared!
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote